Paediatric First Aid
Our amazing teams at Busy Bees and Busy Bears have spent the last 2 weekends renewing their First Aid qualifications, retaining our 100% in training all of our staff in Paediatric First Aid.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidelines, which childcare settings in England are required to follow, currently state that only one person with a current paediatric first aid certificate must be on the premises, and available at all times, when children are present and on outings.
Here at Busy Bees:
– Children’s safety is at the heart of everything we do within nursery.
– We believe that by having just one trained first aider at any one time, this would limit the opportunities we could provide to children.
– We are passionate about ensuring all of our practitioners are trained, confident and capable.
– We are confident that 100% of our childcare practitioners know what to do in a paediatric first aid situation should the need arise.
– We also ensure that all practitioners have a refresher every 3 years to ensure that knowledge and skills are kept up to date.